Travel to Olkhon Island, Lake Baikal’s biggest, most picturesque island, is the best option in terms of travel expenses, especially when you are forced to wait for visas in the Siberian city of Irkutsk.Full article →
- Mammoth museum in an ice cave in Khatanga, Russia. The biggest collection of mammoth remains in the permafrost
- Fascinating aerial photos of Novosibirsk Oblast, Siberia / Russia
- Kodar Mountain Range in Zabaykalsky (Transbaikalia) Krai, Russia
- Lake Lama near Norilsk in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- The Amur River & Lakes in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
Where is Siberia?“Officially, there is no such place as Siberia. No political or territorial entity has Siberia as its name. In atlases, the word 'Siberia' hovers across the northern third of Asia unconnected to any place in particular, as if designating a zone or a condition…" - Ian Frazier.
Located in Russia between the Ural Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Your Siberian Wonders!
Greetings! If you have been to Siberia, please, let us know. Share your travel experience, recommendations, feedbacks, photos. We believe it's a good way to help international visitors learn more about this amazing country!
Best books about Siberia
TagsAkkem River Altai Mountains autumn Barnaul Chukotka cold weather dog sledding harness driving holidays horse riding trekking horses horse trek hot springs Irkutsk Khants Khuzhir Klyuchevskaya Sopka Krasnoyarsk Lake Baikal Lena River live webcams news New Year New Year tree Nikita Bencharov Norilsk Novosibirsk Novosibirsk Airport Olkhon Island reindeer Russian troika stalagmite summer Taimyr Peninsula travel tree trekking Tyumen Tyungur volcano winter world record Yakut laika Yakutsk Yenisey River