Nadezhda is one of the biggest dog sledding races in Russia’s Chukotka. Takes place annually in April. Lasts 2 weeks. Total distance is 1114 km across ice- and snow-hummocks. It is “the race on the edge of the Earth.”Full article →
The Cossack Yermak Timofeyevich scuplture called “The Conquest of Siberia” is the first wonder you would see in Novosibirsk, when arrived at Tolmachevo Airport since this year. Some like it, some not…Full article →
Norilsk is a wonder itself located in the midst of Russia’s Arctic tundra. Have you heard about the company “Norilsk Nickel,” the world’s leading producer of nickel and palladium? It’s the company that forms Norilsk City. Now look what conditions its workers live in. Wonder, isn’t it?Full article →
Russia’s Kamchatka Peninsula is like Italia. It appears to be an expensive place, but worth definitely to visit and admire its magic mighty active volcanoes. Take a look at astonishing pictures, info, facts, gps coordinates.Full article →
In January of 2011, Hannes Rada, an active Austrian traveler and photographer, visited North Russia’s city of Salekhard, the city located right on the Arctic Circle.Full article →
A famous Russian actor, Andrey I, and his creative studio “Navigator” started making the world’s biggest (tallest/highest) stalagmite in Yakutsk, Siberia/RussiaFull article →
What a great photo travel report Luba Suslyakova, the AskUral.com host, brought from her recent trip Yekaterinburg to the Siberian city of Tyumen, where she tried winter swimming in hot, really hot springs.Full article →
- Mammoth museum in an ice cave in Khatanga, Russia. The biggest collection of mammoth remains in the permafrost
- Fascinating aerial photos of Novosibirsk Oblast, Siberia / Russia
- Kodar Mountain Range in Zabaykalsky (Transbaikalia) Krai, Russia
- Lake Lama near Norilsk in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- The Amur River & Lakes in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
- Norilsk, the Siberian city of ghost workers
- The Chukchi people of the Chukchi Sea, the nation of reindeer herders and whale hunters
- Olkhon Island in Lake Baikal, Siberia/Russia [facts + autumn pictures]
- Hot springs in the Siberian winter in Tyumen, Russia.
- Active volcanoes of Kamchatka, Russia. Shiveluch, Klyuchevskaya Sopka, Bezymianny, Tolbachik
- Nadezhda Dog Sledding Races in Chukotka, Russia
- Winter in Salekhard, North Russia’s Yamalo-Nenets. Pictures by Hannes Rada.
Where is Siberia?“Officially, there is no such place as Siberia. No political or territorial entity has Siberia as its name. In atlases, the word 'Siberia' hovers across the northern third of Asia unconnected to any place in particular, as if designating a zone or a condition…" - Ian Frazier.
Located in Russia between the Ural Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Your Siberian Wonders!
Greetings! If you have been to Siberia, please, let us know. Share your travel experience, recommendations, feedbacks, photos. We believe it's a good way to help international visitors learn more about this amazing country!
Best books about Siberia
TagsAkkem River Altai Mountains autumn Barnaul Chukotka cold weather dog sledding harness driving holidays horse riding trekking horses horse trek hot springs Irkutsk Khants Khuzhir Klyuchevskaya Sopka Krasnoyarsk Lake Baikal Lena River live webcams news New Year New Year tree Nikita Bencharov Norilsk Novosibirsk Novosibirsk Airport Olkhon Island reindeer Russian troika stalagmite summer Taimyr Peninsula travel tree trekking Tyumen Tyungur volcano winter world record Yakut laika Yakutsk Yenisey River