Facts, video & photos of Khatanga Undeground Mammoth Museum located in a horisontal ice cave, that used to be a food storage, in the village of Khatanga on a bank of the Khatanga River in Taymyr Peninsula in Krasnoyarsk Krai, North Siberia, Russia.Full article →
Time to change stereotypes of Russian Siberia. It’s awesome and beautiful. See Slava Stepanov’s aerial photos of Novosibirsk Oblast, Siberia Russia.Full article →
Take a look at breath-taking summer photographs of Kodar Mountains in the area of Pik BAM near Novaya Chara railway station. It’s in Transbaikalia in the formerly-known Chita Oblast, Siberia / Russia. Pictures by Ekaterina Ipatieva.Full article →
This summer I met a Moscow independent traveller named Vladimir, who was on his long overland journey from Norilsk to Magadan. He said, “When back home, I’ll send you photographs of Lake Lama located 140 km east off the Taimyr city of Norilsk. It deserves to be at SiberianWonders as it is a wonder itself…” Weeks later I received a bunch of promised pictures…Full article →
Images and facts of the Amur River and nearest lakes in Russia’s Khabarovsk Krai can really make you to reconsider your favourite Siberian river. Enjoy Edward Tugi’s photographs! A very enchanting set!Full article →
A friend of mine said, “Forget about active volcanoes in Kamchatka. The best place in the peninsula is Kronotsky Nature Reserve. This is a must!.. You can see brown bears’ fishing in the lake among geysers and volcanoes…”Full article →
What do we know about the Chukchi (Chukchee) of Chukotka? It is a brave nation originated from the people living around the Okhotsk Sea. Preserve traditional way of life and activity like reindeer herders and whaling.Full article →
- Mammoth museum in an ice cave in Khatanga, Russia. The biggest collection of mammoth remains in the permafrost
- Fascinating aerial photos of Novosibirsk Oblast, Siberia / Russia
- Kodar Mountain Range in Zabaykalsky (Transbaikalia) Krai, Russia
- Lake Lama near Norilsk in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- The Amur River & Lakes in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
- Norilsk, the Siberian city of ghost workers
- The Chukchi people of the Chukchi Sea, the nation of reindeer herders and whale hunters
- Olkhon Island in Lake Baikal, Siberia/Russia [facts + autumn pictures]
- Hot springs in the Siberian winter in Tyumen, Russia.
- Active volcanoes of Kamchatka, Russia. Shiveluch, Klyuchevskaya Sopka, Bezymianny, Tolbachik
- Nadezhda Dog Sledding Races in Chukotka, Russia
- Winter in Salekhard, North Russia’s Yamalo-Nenets. Pictures by Hannes Rada.
Where is Siberia?“Officially, there is no such place as Siberia. No political or territorial entity has Siberia as its name. In atlases, the word 'Siberia' hovers across the northern third of Asia unconnected to any place in particular, as if designating a zone or a condition…" - Ian Frazier.
Located in Russia between the Ural Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Your Siberian Wonders!
Greetings! If you have been to Siberia, please, let us know. Share your travel experience, recommendations, feedbacks, photos. We believe it's a good way to help international visitors learn more about this amazing country!
Best books about Siberia
TagsAkkem River Altai Mountains autumn Barnaul Chukotka cold weather dog sledding harness driving holidays horse riding trekking horses horse trek hot springs Irkutsk Khants Khuzhir Klyuchevskaya Sopka Krasnoyarsk Lake Baikal Lena River live webcams news New Year New Year tree Nikita Bencharov Norilsk Novosibirsk Novosibirsk Airport Olkhon Island reindeer Russian troika stalagmite summer Taimyr Peninsula travel tree trekking Tyumen Tyungur volcano winter world record Yakut laika Yakutsk Yenisey River