About The Siberian Wonders Blog
My name is Bolot Bochkarev. I am based in Yakutsk, the administrative center of the biggest Siberian region called the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia).
Siberian Wonders! is my personal initiative. I live in Yakutia and I am really curious about how other Siberian regions live. Consider this blog site as my attempt to explore Siberia and its most interesting parts. It is my never-ending song about Russia’s Siberia.
I am not going to pursue you with often updates and any kind of promotion tricks in order to multiply readership. Actually, I will tell my stories or my friends’ stories at our own pace. When I found something really interesting, I will share it with you for sure.
Join me in quest of very fascinating stuff about Siberia, Russia! Let’s make Siberia rock!
- Mammoth museum in an ice cave in Khatanga, Russia. The biggest collection of mammoth remains in the permafrost
- Fascinating aerial photos of Novosibirsk Oblast, Siberia / Russia
- Kodar Mountain Range in Zabaykalsky (Transbaikalia) Krai, Russia
- Lake Lama near Norilsk in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- The Amur River & Lakes in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
- Norilsk, the Siberian city of ghost workers
- The Chukchi people of the Chukchi Sea, the nation of reindeer herders and whale hunters
- Olkhon Island in Lake Baikal, Siberia/Russia [facts + autumn pictures]
- Hot springs in the Siberian winter in Tyumen, Russia.
- Active volcanoes of Kamchatka, Russia. Shiveluch, Klyuchevskaya Sopka, Bezymianny, Tolbachik
- Wildlife of Kronotsky Nature Reserve in Kamchatka, Russia. Brown bears, foxes…
- The Russian troika (harness driving) in Altai Krai, Siberia/Russia
Where is Siberia?“Officially, there is no such place as Siberia. No political or territorial entity has Siberia as its name. In atlases, the word 'Siberia' hovers across the northern third of Asia unconnected to any place in particular, as if designating a zone or a condition…" - Ian Frazier.
Located in Russia between the Ural Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Your Siberian Wonders!
Greetings! If you have been to Siberia, please, let us know. Share your travel experience, recommendations, feedbacks, photos. We believe it's a good way to help international visitors learn more about this amazing country!
Best books about Siberia
TagsAkkem River Altai Mountains autumn Barnaul Chukotka cold weather dog sledding harness driving holidays horse riding trekking horses horse trek hot springs Irkutsk Khants Khuzhir Klyuchevskaya Sopka Krasnoyarsk Lake Baikal Lena River live webcams news New Year New Year tree Nikita Bencharov Norilsk Novosibirsk Novosibirsk Airport Olkhon Island reindeer Russian troika stalagmite summer Taimyr Peninsula travel tree trekking Tyumen Tyungur volcano winter world record Yakut laika Yakutsk Yenisey River