Slava Stepanov, the Gelio website owner, have published breathtaking aerial pictures of Novosibirsk Oblast. They are awesome and beautiful!
Novosibirsk Oblast Facts:
Novosibirsk Oblast (its administrative center is Novosibirsk City) is located in the south-eastern part of West Siberian Plain.
The total area is 178.2 sq km. Its length is 642 km from the West to the East, 444 km from the North to the South.
Bordered upon Tomsk Oblast in the north, Kazakhstan in the south-west, Omsk Oblast in the west, Altai Krai in the south and Kemerovo Oblast in the east.
Major rivers are Ob and Irtysh.
With the Novosibirsk Hydroelectric Power Station’s dam there has been Novosibirsk Reservoir created.
The oblast is remarkable for available 3 thousand freshwater, saline and bitter-saline lakes.
Officially, Novosibirsk Oblast is considered to be the center of Siberia, as its Novosibirsk City is the adminitrative center of the Siberian Federal District. As you also know, Novosibirsk Airport is used by S7 (Sibir) Airlines as a major hub.
Enjoy the nature of Siberia!
Time to change stereotypes of Russia’s Siberia… His aerial photos must be in every Russian travel guide book!
The train line you see in one of the above aerial pictures is Trans-Siberian Railway.
A full photo story at Gelio.Newsib.ru.
- Mammoth museum in an ice cave in Khatanga, Russia. The biggest collection of mammoth remains in the permafrost
- Fascinating aerial photos of Novosibirsk Oblast, Siberia / Russia
- Kodar Mountain Range in Zabaykalsky (Transbaikalia) Krai, Russia
- Lake Lama near Norilsk in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- The Amur River & Lakes in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
- Norilsk, the Siberian city of ghost workers
- The Chukchi people of the Chukchi Sea, the nation of reindeer herders and whale hunters
- Olkhon Island in Lake Baikal, Siberia/Russia [facts + autumn pictures]
- Hot springs in the Siberian winter in Tyumen, Russia.
- Active volcanoes of Kamchatka, Russia. Shiveluch, Klyuchevskaya Sopka, Bezymianny, Tolbachik
- Wildlife of Kronotsky Nature Reserve in Kamchatka, Russia. Brown bears, foxes…
- The Russian troika (harness driving) in Altai Krai, Siberia/Russia
Where is Siberia?“Officially, there is no such place as Siberia. No political or territorial entity has Siberia as its name. In atlases, the word 'Siberia' hovers across the northern third of Asia unconnected to any place in particular, as if designating a zone or a condition…" - Ian Frazier.
Located in Russia between the Ural Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Your Siberian Wonders!
Greetings! If you have been to Siberia, please, let us know. Share your travel experience, recommendations, feedbacks, photos. We believe it's a good way to help international visitors learn more about this amazing country!
Best books about Siberia
TagsAkkem River Altai Mountains autumn Barnaul Chukotka cold weather dog sledding harness driving holidays horse riding trekking horses horse trek hot springs Irkutsk Khants Khuzhir Klyuchevskaya Sopka Krasnoyarsk Lake Baikal Lena River live webcams news New Year New Year tree Nikita Bencharov Norilsk Novosibirsk Novosibirsk Airport Olkhon Island reindeer Russian troika stalagmite summer Taimyr Peninsula travel tree trekking Tyumen Tyungur volcano winter world record Yakut laika Yakutsk Yenisey River