If by any chance you would be in Russia’s Siberian region of Altai Krai, don’t miss the chance to have fun riding a traditional Russian transport called the troika through the forest and valley in winter. The troika is the Russian way of harness driving combination, using three horses abreast, usually pulling a sleigh
The Russian troika and Siberia are something that cannot live without each other. This transport used to be common over the whole Russia, but it became vital in Siberia, where its winter appears to be long, cold, and pretty hostile.
Nowadays, driving/riding the Russian troika is the popular traditional entertainment. Speed, snow, fresh air, forest, open spaces, and rings of bells… it is incredible experience. Worth to try.
See more pics from Russian House.
- None Found
- Mammoth museum in an ice cave in Khatanga, Russia. The biggest collection of mammoth remains in the permafrost
- Fascinating aerial photos of Novosibirsk Oblast, Siberia / Russia
- Kodar Mountain Range in Zabaykalsky (Transbaikalia) Krai, Russia
- Lake Lama near Norilsk in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- The Amur River & Lakes in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
- The Chukchi people of the Chukchi Sea, the nation of reindeer herders and whale hunters
- Horse riding trekking in the Altai Mountains, Russia’s Siberia. Tyungur – the Akkem River – Lake Akkem [facts + pictures]
- Active volcanoes of Kamchatka, Russia. Shiveluch, Klyuchevskaya Sopka, Bezymianny, Tolbachik
- Norilsk, the Siberian city of ghost workers
- Hot springs in the Siberian winter in Tyumen, Russia.
- Wildlife of Kronotsky Nature Reserve in Kamchatka, Russia. Brown bears, foxes…
- Olkhon Island in Lake Baikal, Siberia/Russia [facts + autumn pictures]
Where is Siberia?“Officially, there is no such place as Siberia. No political or territorial entity has Siberia as its name. In atlases, the word 'Siberia' hovers across the northern third of Asia unconnected to any place in particular, as if designating a zone or a condition…" - Ian Frazier.
Located in Russia between the Ural Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Your Siberian Wonders!
Greetings! If you have been to Siberia, please, let us know. Share your travel experience, recommendations, feedbacks, photos. We believe it's a good way to help international visitors learn more about this amazing country!
Best books about Siberia
TagsAkkem River Altai Mountains autumn Barnaul Chukotka cold weather dog sledding harness driving holidays horse riding trekking horses horse trek hot springs Irkutsk Khants Khuzhir Klyuchevskaya Sopka Krasnoyarsk Lake Baikal Lena River live webcams news New Year New Year tree Nikita Bencharov Norilsk Novosibirsk Novosibirsk Airport Olkhon Island reindeer Russian troika stalagmite summer Taimyr Peninsula travel tree trekking Tyumen Tyungur volcano winter world record Yakut laika Yakutsk Yenisey River